- This event has passed.
Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care Certificate Program
The Colorado Pharmacists Society is excited to offer the American Pharmacists Association’s Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care Certificate Training Program on Saturday, June 17, 2017, following the CPS 2017 Annual Meeting. This program requires 15 hours of self-study prior to the event, so it is strongly recommended that you registered at least 1 week prior to the event.
The class will take place at the University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy, 12850 E. Montview Blvd., Aurora, CO 80045 in Room 1000. Download Campus Map.
Registration and breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Evaluate the overall health status of patients with diabetes in terms of recommended monitoring and interventions, and formulate strategies for closing gaps in care
- Propose modifications to a patient’s drug therapy regimen rooted in evidence-based algorithms for diabetes management
- Recommend dietary interventions to support optimal glycemic control and weight loss (when indicated) in patients with diabetes
- Analyze and interpret a patient’s self-monitoring of blood glucose results and use the results to identify needed changes in the diabetes management plan
- Demonstrate proper technique for measuring blood pressure, administering injections, obtaining fingerstick samples for blood glucose monitoring, operating blood glucose meters, and performing monofilament foot testing
- Integrate the varied aspects of comprehensive diabetes care into efficient, sensitive, respectful pharmacist-patient interactions that support optimal patient self-management
- Describe ways in which pharmacists can keep abreast of new developments and take advantage of professional opportunities in diabetes care
Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Information and Activity Completion Requirements
Initial Release Date: 12/15/2014
Expiration Date: 12/15/2017
Activity Type: Practice-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
ACPE Universal Activity Number: 0202-9999-14-165-H04-P
- Successful completion of the self-study component involves passing the online self-study assessment with a grade of 70% or higher and will result in 15 contact hours of CPE credit (1.5 CEUs).
ACPE Universal Activity Number: 0202-9999-14-166-L04-P
- Successful completion of the live seminar component involves attending the full live seminar, demonstrating competency in blood pressure testing, self-injection techniques, diabetic foot exam, and blood glucose testing, passing the online final exam with a grade of 70% or higher,as well as, completing the online evaluation. Successful completion of this component will result in 8 contact hours of CPE credit (0.8 CEU).
- To obtain credit, the Learner must CLAIM credit once each component is completed. Once credit is claimed, Transcripts of CPE will be available online within 24 hours on the participant’s CPE Monitor profile at www.nabp.net. The Certificate of Achievement will be available online upon successful completion of the necessary activity requirements on the participant’s “My Training” page on www.pharmacist.com.
One-day Program Only
One-day Program + Annual Meeting
|CPS Member: Pharmacist||
|CPS Member: Student||
Christine Feltman, PharmD
Christy Harmon, PharmD, BCACP
Kim Swanson Ward, PharmD, BCACP
Robert Willis, PharmD, BCACP
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care Certificate Training Program is approved for a total of 23 contact hours of CPE or (2.3 CEUs).
The Colorado Pharmacists Society is a licensed partner, co-sponsor of this APhA certificate program. If you decide that you cannot complete the program because of time restraints, and/or must cancel last minute for any kind of emergency, the fee to cancel will be $150. CPS must receive your cancellation notice in writing at least two weeks prior to the live program offering. After that, there will be no refunds granted. Registration fees can not be re-allocated to future offerings of this certification program due to the multiple steps involved with processing CE credits.