If you are a pharmacist providing immunizations or CLIA-waived testing services, or a pharmacy technician or other health care professional assisting with these services, you must have live OSHA training on bloodborne pathogens every year or face fines of up to $90,000. The Colorado Pharmacists Society, in partnership with the Tennessee Pharmacists Research and Education Foundation (TPREF), is offering a webinar that meets all of OSHA’s training requirements, including the live component. This webinar will provide attendees with one (1.0) hour of live ACPE Continuing Education.
This ACPE-accredited OSHA training webinar meets all of OSHA’s annual training requirements for bloodborne pathogen exposure in pharmacy practice. The 2016 OSHA Update webinar can protect you and your pharmacy practice site against potentially devastating OSHA fines – and your pharmacy site can continue to protect the public against potentially devastating disease.
The webinar program is presented online by Dr. Stephan Foster, PharmD, FAPhA, FNAP. Dr. Foster is a retired Captain in the U.S. Public Health Service and a retired Professor at the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy. He is the APhA liaison to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice (ACIP). He is nationally known for his work on pharmacist-provided immunization and brings significant expertise in the area of bloodborne pathogens and OSHA regulations. Dr. Foster is on the Speakers’ Bureau for Merck, Pfizer and Sanofi-Pasteur.
- CPS Member Pharmacist or Technician: $40
- CPS Non-member Pharmacist or Technician: $65
Each attendee must register for the program through the online registration process that you will receive in your confirmation e-mail after payment. However, the GoToWebinar web-based education format does permit attendees at a common practice site with the convenience of either participating through separate individual computers or participating with others through a shared computer.
WEBINAR DATES AND TIMES:
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. MT (2:00 p.m. ET)
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. MT (8:00 p.m. ET)
- Identify potential bloodborne pathogens and their modes of transmission.
- Explain the requirements for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to comply with the Bloodborne Pathogens Standards.
- Describe engineering and work practice controls that can help minimize exposure risks.
- List the hepatitis B vaccination requirements for health care workers.
- Outline the proper post-exposure response.
Tennessee Pharmacists Consortium for Education (TPCE) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This webinar will provide one (1) hour of ACPE-accredited continuing education credits to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who attend the session and complete the online activities (activity evaluation and post-test) required to claim credit.